FJS Lawyers Adelaide

header photo

Property Settlement

Following separation from your spouse, you should consider seeking advice in relation to a property settlement.

You can finalise property settlement any time following separation, however you should keep in mind that there are time limits for applying to the court for Orders, if you are unable to reach an agreement.  

For defacto relationships, the time limit to apply to the court for a property settlement is two years from the date of separation or for married couples, within one year from the date that the divorce becomes final.


Have you reached an agreement with your former spouse about the arrangements for property settlement? 

We prepare family law CONSENT ORDERS for a fixed, affordable fee – written quotation provided after your FREE no-obligation first interview (30 min) to discuss your requirements.